Mediterranean Quinoa Pizza
Yes fellow yogis, you heard right! Crust that is made of of Quinoa! This recipe is the answer to all of your gluten-free low carb potentially vegan dreams! No need for pizza night to be your cheat day, with this tasty dinner you are getting a protein packed meal that fills up up without feeling heavy! Nom nom nom indeed.
Feel free to top this guy with anything you like! I choose a mediterranean vibe but it your pizza, you can do what you want too!
1 cup Quinoa
2 cups water
Pink himalayan salt (any salt is fine but Himalayan salt is the purest forms of salt containing of over 84 minerals!)
1 Egg white (Vegan Option: Chia Gel=1 Tbl. chia seeds + 4 Tbl water)
Red pepper flakes
4 large juicy tomatoes
A ton of Basil
4 large garlic cloves
Tomato paste (amount depends on how thick you want your sauce)
Feta Cheese (Vegan Option: nutritional cheese or vegan cheese)
Marinated Artichoke hearts
To make crust: Pre-heat oven at 450 F
• Bring 2 cups of water + 1 cup of Quinoa + a pinch of salt to a boil on high heat. After its boiling cover and turn heat to low and cook about 15min. or until all the water is gone.
• Put cooked quinoa + 3 Tbl. Olive Oil + 1 egg white (or chia gel) + 1 pinch of salt (or gel) + 1 pinch of red pepper flakes in a processor and blend until it becomes a batter (you can also just mix in a bowl until it comes together)
• Pour batter on oiled parchment in a pizza pan and spread it out to your desired thickness ( I like mine thin and it also cooks faster!)
• Bake at 425 F for 35-40 min or until the bottom is brown and crispy
• Take out of oven and flip it over and bake for another 10 min before adding sauce and toppings
• Bake with sauce and toppings for another 15 min or until bottom is crispy
To make sauce
• Coat the bottom of large sauce pan with Olive oil and heat on meduium- hi until oil oil thins (be careful we aren't frying the tomatoes so heat until right before it burns)
• Add 4 large garlic cloves(minced) and sauté for a few minutes to infuse that easy garlic flavor in oil
• Add 4 large juicy tomatoes + A ton of Basil (chopped) to the mix, toss then cover
• Let the tomatoes simmer until they become soft, too frequently so they don't burn (make sure there is enough oil in the pan)
• After they are soft, mash them with your wooden spoon (or whatever you are using) and simmer on high to thicken the sauce.
• Add tomato paste + salt (to taste) and stir until sauce is smooth
Put everything together and Enjoy!